Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My Mundane Moves...

The rain continues. And so does the pain. Neither can I attend office nor can I participate in any other productive activity. Tell me, now that India has won the World Twenty 20, what do I get as a reward for that knowledge? Nothing. So then.

It has been raining cats and dogs for the past 3 days and I’m sick of it all. Star Ananda and NDTV air reports to the effect that the myth of the area I live in never getting water logged has been shattered, but all the same, some people don’t seem to believe me. That I’m bored and tired of being cooped up at home. That I haven’t been able to get much pujo shopping done nor go catch the latest movie at the nearest multiplex. That I hate a life where I even have to go work on Saturdays and Sundays. That my poor K is sorely missing me because of my non-existent weekends. That one’s life is not equivalent to one’s professional life.

It’s true that I enjoy my work. And that I actually look forward to going to office. So much so that I overlook the dreary journey to office everyday…not getting the desired bus or shuttle, the incessant traffic jams, the waterlogged streets, the mud and slush on rainy days, the standing all the way when you’ve had the misfortune of boarding an overcrowded bus, the disgusted look on my parents’ face when I return home on Sat evening at 7.30 pm, feeling totally unsocial and undone. If only people realized that and empathized. But I guess it’s too much to ask for. Some people are just not satisfied with anything that you do.

Is it then a vicious circle? Sometimes I’m so tired, I just want to give up. And go home to K.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin