Thursday, April 09, 2009

RACISM EXISTS

from Gargi Mandal-Mukherjee <mandalgargi81@gmail.com>toservice@youtube.com

date : Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 1:15 PM
subject Fwd: Comment posted on "Sandy Hook Beach, NJ"
1:15 PM (1 hour ago)

Dear YouTube,

Youtube has been one of my favourite websites for a long time as it has allowed us all to upload and share all our beloved videos. But recently people have been abusing your infrastructure and facilities by propagating racist messages and insensitive comments & videos, provoking ill feeling among international communities.

http://www.youtube.com/user/killswitch6988 : this person is one of them.

This morning I was shocked to find the dirty, insensitive, foul-mouthed comment he had posted in my profile. A visit to his profile revealed a series of racial comments and hate messages that I, being a non resident Indian, found in very poor taste. I intend to post a review to our local newspapers and local magazines and in my blogspace, mentioning the way people are misusing YouTube. I would expect you would take immediate action against this member, and prevent the spread of such racial abuse and dangerous separatisms in future.

I enclose below the forwarded message from your site itself, notifying me of the comment I received this morning.

--- Forwarded message ----From: YouTube Service <service@youtube.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM
Subject: Comment posted on "Sandy Hook Beach, NJ"
To: sosostris9 mandalgargi81@gmail.com

- Show quoted text -

killswitch6988 has made a comment on Sandy Hook Beach, NJ:

go the fuck back to your 3rd world country and stay the fuck off my beach and out of my state

You can reply to this comment by visiting the comments page.


© 2009 YouTube, LLC

-- Regards,
Gargi Mandal-Mukherjee (sosostris9)

P.S. I'm sorry guys if you think this post contains offensive language, because I feel the same way too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin